National Cattlemen’s Beef Association – Beef Expert Bureau
COMPLIMENTARY EDUCATION MODULE: SHOPPER GUIDANCE IN THE BEEF CASE – FROM CONFUSION TO CONFIDENCE EDUCATION MODULE
A store tour education module, with focus on the beef case, was developed with Shari Steinbach, MS RDN a nationally-recognized food and nutrition consultant. The module contains guidelines on how to share functional benefits of beef, beef basics from cuts to cooking, and seasonal solutions in a store tour setting.
For more information and to request the education module resources, please contact our Retail Marketing team via the contact form at the bottom of the page
Hold cooking and tasting demos in the meat department, led by a dietitian. Draw shoppers in with beef’s aroma and taste, and engage them by sharing quick tips on beef’s nutrition and versatility.
- Select recipes that are quick and easy to prepare
- Cross merchandise recipe ingredients near the demo station
- Display recipe cards or meal ideas as a takeaway for shoppers
Offer cooking classes led by a dietitian or trained store associate to go more in-depth on preparation methods and beef’s nutrition in a hands-on setting.
- Schedule cooking classes at different times of day to appeal to a range of shoppers
- Inform attendees on the nutritional profile of the meal being prepared and how to pair it with fruits, vegetables and other nutritious sides
- Educate attendees on the beef cut featured in the recipe, and why it works for the specific cooking method
- Package other ingredients featured and pantry essentials in a “to-go” bag for purchase to increase store-wide sales
IDENTIFY RECOMMENDED BEEF CUTS
Designate a specific beef cut each week as the “RD’s Pick” or “RD-approved” to call attention to lean beef options in the meat case.
- Create a branded icon that the RD can use throughout the store, for aided awareness with shoppers
- Include the pick-of-the-week in weekly circulars and featuring activity
RD-ENDORSED MEAL KITS, HEAT N SERVE, RECIPES & HANDOUTS
Collaborate with store chefs to create healthy and convenient meal kits with lean beef, making it easy for busy shoppers to cook nutritious meals at home.
- Display recipes and materials at the point-of-sale; make it clear that they are endorsed by your store’s corporate or in-store dietitian
- Include nutrition information for recipes and meal solutions
- Provide handouts or links to online content about the many lean beef options with and the nutrients found in beef
EXTEND NUTRITION AND HEALTH EDUCATION THROUGH OMNI CHANNEL MARKETING SHOPPER ENGAGEMENT
Incorporate messaging about healthy beef meals through your store’s marketing channels.
- Create content for the store’s social media platforms, including conducting Facebook Live chats and cooking demonstrations. Use our wide library of recipes and food photography when creating content.
- Work with marketing staff to create educational and informative content for the store’s website, online shopping portals and mobile applications.